The 2018 MAP Series has been launched. You are invited to join our Cook's tour! TICKETS
MAP 1: From the Auvergne to Vienna - Thursday, May 3
Theresa Borg soprano, Robert Johnson horn, Janis Cook piano
Commencing with evocative French provincial scenes: Villanelle (Dukas), Songs of the Auvergne (Canteloube) & more.
Crossing the alps: R. Strauss' Alphorn for soprano, horn and piano
Approaching Vienna to experience the charm of Korngold art songs, echoes of Mozart and a little cosmopolitan sophistication.
MAP 2: The Other Side of Hollywood - Thursday, August 23
Sungpil Lee clarinet, Joanna Tidy cello, Josh Rogan trumpet, Janis Cook piano
Concert music by major film composers:
- John Williams (Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Schindler's List...) Slowly from Trumpet Concerto
- Nino Rota (Romeo & Juliet, La Dolce Vita, The Godfather...) Trio for Clarinet, Cello and Piano
- Alex North (A Streetcar Named Desire, Cleopatra, Good Morning Vietnam...) Revue for Clarinet
& much more.
MAP 3: Bohemia - Thursday, OCT 18
Rada Tochalna soprano, Markiyan Melnychenko violin, Janis Cook piano
A celebration of the vibrant rhythms and harmonies of middle Europe:
- From the Homeland and Czech Dances by Smetana
- Songs by Dvořák and Janáček
- Górecki Sonatina for violin & piano
& much more.
Tickets are just $40 (full price), $30 (concession) & $20 (student) for a single event or $95/$70/$50 for the entire series.
The venue for 2018 is Flockhart Hall, MLC, 207 Barkers Road, Kew.
There is easy parking onsite or use tram 16 to stop 77. Glenferrie Railway Station is nearby.
Concert duration: 7:30pm - 9:15pm. Linger to meet & greet the performers over complimentary wine and cheese.